Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hello Foodies!

I am passionate about food.

PASSIONATE.

When I take a bite out of a dish that immediately makes me murmur "mmm...," say "wow!" or just renders me speechless, it is one of the happiest moments of my life. A delicious meal always makes my day, and it is one of the things that I look forward to every day. I even schedule other events in my life around meals, including vacations. When I vacation, one of the first things I research is great restaurants to try in the place I'm visiting. My experience and enjoyment of a new place is always enhanced by the quality of the meals I intake. Though that may sound a bit extreme to others, it characterizes my love for food.

A friend once told me that my passion for food made her meal always taste better, and I couldn't have felt any prouder. I sometimes wish I could put that on my resume, because really, who doesn't want to enjoy a meal?

On the flip side, a mediocre or bad meal is not a good day. However, I appreciate it because it makes me appreciate the good meals that much more. It also gives me a better understanding of what works well together in a meal, and helps me to isolate what spices or flavors I prefer. To be honest, though, I love most combinations. When I find something that I don't like, then please know that there really is something wrong with it. =)

I've decided to write this blog for two reasons. First, I'm currently doing an internship, and besides working, I have a fair amount of free time, and second, within the past year, several friends of mine have suggested that I write a food blog. They've all witnessed my love of food, and the enjoyment I can get out of a fantastically made meal, and they feel that I should share my experiences, and maybe, during the process, show others the way to a delicious meal. I understand that my opinion is not something that people will follow or agree with as we all have different tastes, but I believe that my passion for food has made me somewhat of a distinguishing critic. I eat food not because I have to eat food, but because I absolutely enjoy savoring the different flavors. Eating a meal is always an adventure to me, and without it, life would be boring. Perhaps my experiences can help others to feel the same. Cheesy? Yes, but absolutely honest.

So I hope to have a lot of different travelers with me along my food trip. Good or bad, I plan on writing about every food or meal that I feel is worth writing about, creating great memories along the way, and maybe, just maybe, showing others how to absolutely enjoy a meal.

Until my first bite...have a Reese's peanut butter cup, my personal favorite and one of the best chocolates in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment