Monday, January 30, 2012

McBites Bite

McDonald's has come out with their version of the popcorn chicken called the McBites. As a foodie, I couldn't help but try them.

Now, McDonald's Chicken McNuggets are pretty good, for fast food nuggets. Though I prefer Wendy's and Burger King's nuggets, I do crave the McNugget taste once in a while, and they never fail. They are not too greasy, there is ample meat, and plenty of sauces to dip them in.

When the McBites were introduced, I thought they would be mini versions of the McNugget, which I think is a great idea. You can fool yourself into thinking you're eating less as you gobble down half a pound of little pieces of fried chicken. Who wouldn't want that? I certainly wouldn't mind it. However, and sadly, it is not. The McBites are more like the KFC popcorn chicken, except not as good. There isn't enough meat, and the taste is something between grease and fat. Or greasy fat. After eating several pieces, my tongue literally felt like fat was sticking on the surface. Not a great feeling, and not a good indication of the taste of the food. If I didn't feel so bad about the money I spent on it, I would have thrown away the remainder. Safe to say I was pretty disappointed, and I will not buy these, again. Try again, McDonald's.

1 comment:

  1. 100% agree! The McBites are a total waste! It is like just eating fried batter. There is hardly any actual chicken meat. I was so bummed because KFC's popcorn chicken is only a seasonal menu item (at least here in WI), so I thought this might be a nice alternative when KFC is not serving up their popcorn chicken. The only thing that I really like at McDonald's nowadays are McFlurry's!

    ReplyDelete